Grants to support those affected by COVID-19
If you are suffering financially due to COVID-19, you can apply for a non-repayable grant to support you during this difficult time.
Our crisis grants are available to support if you find yourself in urgent financial need due to situations including:
- Meeting priority household bills such as arrears in council tax, rent, mortgage or utilities.
- Leaving an abusive relationship.
- Avoiding or dealing with homelessness.
- Fuel poverty.
- Replacing essential whitegoods such as a cooker or a refrigerator.
- Essential home adaptations or improvements
- Essential items for babies or children such as a cot or other necessity.
- Food vouchers
- Medical appliances not covered under the NHS.
- Home repairs, adaptions and improvements to help make life easier for people living with a disability or long-term health condition.
- Travel cost to visit your sick child or other dependant in hospital.
- Respite breaks for carers.
The grants are available to those working in the retail or supporting service industries including:
- Supply chain
- Food distribution
- Medical supplies.
All applications will be assessed on an individual basis. Please note that grant applications will not be considered for individuals with over £6,000 in savings.
Required supporting documents
- An official bank statement dated within the last 60 days.
- An official COVID-19 document from your employer that says you have been asked to self-isolate or that you are a non-essential worker who is unable to complete their work from home.
Required proof of employment
- Employees: a contract showing your start date or an official payslip dated within the last 30 days.
- Self-employed: a filed tax return with evidence showing that you have been self-employed in the last two years.
Please note: When completing your application please remember to select "COVID-19" as the particular grant request.