Grants to support those affected by COVID-19
If you are suffering financially due to COVID-19, you can apply for a non-repayable grant to support you during this difficult time.
Our non-repayable crisis grants are available to support you with the following situations:
- Outstanding rent or mortgage payments
- Risk of homelessness
- Priority bills such as gas, electricity, phone, utilities or council tax (with a payment arrangement in place)
- Funeral expenses
- Unable to provide the basic essentials for your family
- Boiler or heating repairs
- Living without vital appliances, flooring or seating
- Essential home adaptations or improvements
- Food vouchers
- Risk of domestic violence
- Payment for travel to visit your sick child or dependant in hospital.
The grants are available to those working in the retail or supporting service industries including:
- Supply chain
- Food distribution
- Medical supplies.
All applications will be assessed on an individual basis.
Required supporting documents
- An official bank statement dated within the last 60 days.
- An official COVID-19 document from your employer that says you have been asked to self-isolate or that you are a non-essential worker who is unable to complete their work from home.
Required proof of employment
- Employees: a contract showing your start date or an official payslip dated within the last 30 days.
- Self-employed: a filed tax return with evidence showing that you have been self-employed in the last two years.
Please note: When completing your application select "COVID-19" as the particular appeal.